Cosmetic Facial Surgery
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons are able to provide their patients with a wide range of facial cosmetic services to meet their evolving needs. Facial cosmetic surgery services can address physical imperfections resulting from birth defects, facial trauma, disease, and aging. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons have been leaders in the facial reconstruction of the soft tissue (skin, muscles, and cartilage), and osseous (bone) structures of the face. With the unique education of dentistry and medicine and with a specific focus on facial cosmetics, this extensive knowledge enables them to incorporate a patient’s desired result with the necessary balance of creating harmony between facial aesthetics and facial function.
In recent years, there has been an increased emphasis with a multitude of advances in cosmetic procedures to restore a patient’s youthful appearance. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons have the ability to carry out the entire spectrum of facial cosmetic surgery, from skin care and non-surgical enhancements to minimally invasive, as well as full surgical, rejuvenation of the face and associated structures to restore each patient’s youthful appearance and minimize the progression of the aging process. Today, people have busy and active lifestyles and they have the desire to stay looking young with minimal down time and low risk. Your Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon is able to offer local and/or intravenous anaesthesia services to allow many facial cosmetic procedures to be performed in an office setting with same-day surgery.
Cosmetic surgical procedures available by Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons may include:
- Botox, Dermal fillers, Fat transfer
- Genioplasty (chin surgery)
- Facial Implants (including chin implants and cheekbone implants)
- Liposuction (of the face and neck)
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery/orbital surgery)
- Brow lift, Mid-cheek, and Mid-face lifts
- Rhytidectomy (facelift)
- Skin Care and Skin Resurfacing (i.e. skin products, chemical peels, dermabrasion, non-ablative, and ablative laser treatments)
- Rhinoplasty (nasal reconstruction)
- Otoplasty (cosmetic ear surgery)
- Lip Enhancement
- Hair Transplant
- Eyelash Growth Enhancement (treatment of hypotrichosis)
It is advised that you talk to your Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon to determine what services they offer and if these services are right for you.