Table of Contents
- For questions or comments please contact: Dr. Graham Cobb via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- AHS IPC Recommendations COVID-19
- Airborne Risk Video
- Alberta Dental Association and College
- Alberta Health Services
- Alberta Government
- For questions or comments please contact: Dr. Susan Bourque via email at: email@example.com
- NLDB - Pandemic Plan COVID-19 for Emergency Care
- Covid-19 Dental Emergency Protocol - Provincial Dental Board of Nova Scotia
- Specialty guide - OMFS and Coronavirus
- For questions or comments please contact: Dr. David Sowden via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry issues expectations for regulated health professionals during COVID-19 pandemic
- For questions or comments please contact: Dr. Stephen Ho via email at: email@example.com
- Ontario Health - PPE use during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Ontario Government
- Youtube Video - Dr. Brian Rittenberg - Information for Dentists/OMFS
- YouTube Video - Dental Corp with Infectious Disease
- For questions or comments please contact: Dr. Rob Wagner via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions or comments please contact: Dr. Claude Guimond via email at: email@example.com
- Quebec Government Guidelines
Public Health Agency of Canada
Rest of the World
- Covid-19 Public Health UK - IPC Guidelines
- Covid-19 Dental Offices
- Other information provided by ENT
- Article from Wuhan - Dentistry and Covid-19
- CDC link for healthcare professionals
- WHO link for healthcare professionals
- British Association of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
- AAOMS guidance
- American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery - guidance
- Video for help to set up Telemedicine
- Australian Dental Association - Covid-19 Epidemiology
Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry issues expectations for regulated health professionals during COVID-19 pandemic
March 24, 2020
Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry has issued an important update for regulated health professionals in BC, including certified dental assistants, dental therapists, and dentists.
The update, issued March 23, 2020, provides Dr. Henry’s expectations for health professionals regulated under the Health Professions Act when providing patient and client care in community settings. It is intended to assist you in your decision-making to ensure professionals are all delivering the best and safest care to patients throughout this evolving crisis.
Dr. Henry’s update is consistent with the guidance we have distributed to registrants and is available on the COVID-19 page of our website.
67th CAOMS Annual Conference - COVID-19 Update
To all registrants for the 67th CAOMS Annual Conference in St. Andrews by the Sea:
It is with true sadness that the Executive of the Canadian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (CAOMS) announces the cancellation of the 67th CAOMS Annual Conference scheduled for June 4 - 6, 2020 in St. Andrews by the Sea.
We have been evaluating the developments related to the COVID-19 virus and have been looking at the recommendations from several agencies, including Health Canada and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the US. As many of you are aware, we are facing travel bans, closure of universities, schools, cultural events and prohibition of public gatherings. The safety and well-being of our attendees is of paramount importance, and this is not a decision we have made lightly.
We are all aware of the importance of medical conferences as the platform to learn, network and advance our scientific knowledge. I hope that in a couple of months, life will return to normal and I believe that together, we will overcome these difficult times.
The CAOMS would like to extend its thanks to all speakers, sponsors and registrants who had planned to be with us in St. Andrews in June. Going forward, the CAOMS is committed to exploring the idea of offering virtual education and returning to St. Andrews.
The CAOMS will be offering a full refund to all meeting registrants. Please allow us 14 days to process your refund. All hotel reservations reserved within the CAOMS guestroom block will be cancelled automatically, you do not need to call the hotel directly. If you reserved outside the guestroom block or thru a travel agent or other on-line service such as Expedia you will need to cancel your hotel reservation. Any airport transfers booked with Freedom Tours will be cancelled and refunded. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you at future CAOMS events, watch the newsletters and website for information and I wish you only good health at this time.
Kevin McCann, BSc, DDS, FRCDC, Dip. NDBA
President, Canadian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons